Season 1 of Star Trek: Picard has come to an end! What a strange, messy show it’s been.
Special guest Sam (@retconning) joins us for the first thirty minutes to discuss Seven of Nine, queer representation throughout Trek‘s history, the heteronormativity of this particular series, and THE HANDHOLDING SCENE (the caps are necessary) in the final thirty seconds of the episode.
Then Liz and Anika talk about…
- golems, squicks and spoilers
- did they … forget … Narek?
- it’s okay, they also forgot that Soji is the female lead
- was the ending too pat? Or do we simply love space politics too much?
- the TNG characters as desserts
- Liz shares her philosophy of parenting with Anika, an Actual Parent
- but seriously, Maddox and Soong are/were THE WORST
- Agnes has come SO FAR and we LOVE HER
In conclusion, Worf is definitely a caramel drizzle and we will not be taking questions at this moment.