It’s the tribute to season 1 TNG that no one wanted or needed!
This week on Star Trek: The Next Generation, the crew beam down to an idyllic paradise whose scantily clad residents harbour a terrible secret.
No, wait! It’s Star Trek: Picard, and any resemblance to season one of TNG is entirely … unfortunate. This week on Antimatter Pod…
- Anika has a shocking confession
- apparently we are meant to consider Bruce Maddox a great loss to humanity? Really?
- how Picard and Batman are quite different
- why is Sutra … like that?
- we have so many questions about the depiction of women’s sexuality in this show, and none of them reflect well on the writers
- this week, in Anika Ships It: Sutra/Narissa!
Soji can have a little genocide, as a treat.
We’re going the full Mass Effect here, guys.
Is it low expectations, Stockholm syndrome, or a genuine upswing in quality? With one glaring, significant exception, “Nepenthe” was an almost perfect episode of Picard, balancing plot and character development with just a smidge of fan service.
Just when I come to terms with the mediocrity of this series, it goes and throws out a good episode!
However, I’m feeling a bit unwell this week, so this post is a bit more cursory than usual.